1. Describe evaluation techniques for all five elements of the ADDIE Model.
Evaluation in the Analysis Phase: When a designers analysis has been done correctly it can be the map to use to fix problems that later arise. Questions when evaluating the analysis stage can include:
- Can the issue be fixed by training alone?
- Is this an issue that can be improved by with training interventions?
- Have you gathered all the data concerning population, goals and needs, logistics, etc.
- Have you reviewed your analysis results?
- design plan elements
- objectives and evaluation tasks
- evaluation strategy and materials
- draft facilitator materials
- draft media
- everything by the decision makes
- sign off on everything
Evaluation in the Implementation Phase: Smile sheets that show a learners response to instruction, is a traditional approach to evaluation during this phase.
Evaluation in the Evaluation Phase: This is your final evaluation of how the entire thematic unit went. This is where the final changes take place and all the data and information gathered throughout the unit are considered for the final product.
2.How would you evaluate the evaluation process used during the 5 elements of the ISD process?
- Is there ever a case where you think a formal evaluation is not necessary? I feel there are many cases in which formal evaluation is not necessary. A variety of formal and informal evaluation should be used for every concept being assessed. Behavior is one area in which often the best assessment is conducted informally, in the students natural setting. However, supporting informal evaluation with the data that formal evaluation provides is always more effective.