1. List several aspects of development that require reviewing when developing materials.
Pilot Testing is an important aspect of development because it is a chance to evaluate the design of the project before it goes into full implementation. It is important to pilot test before materials are mass produced or developed. I believe this is important as a teacher before we purchase, print, use materials. Some important questions to ask yourself during pilot testing is:
- Does the lesson plan work?
- Are the directions clear and concise?
- Do the instructional methods work as planned?
- What needs to be changed?
2. As an instructional designer, what should you look for as you evaluate your course (thematic unit) in the development phase?
- Cost: Designers should know their budget and stick to it when planning products to use.
- Deadlines: Designers must set deadlines and stick to those deadlines when planning the thematic unit.
- Written Agreements: They must have written agreements on paper, color, size, quantity, fonts, and other parts important about the materials.
- Samples: Check the materials before they are used and implemented.
- Final Approval: The designer should be the final approver off all materials.
- Pilot Test: Conducting pilot tests is important to evaluate the design, not just materials being used.