- Living in your story
- Unfolding lessons learned
- Developing creative tension
- Economizing the story told
- Showing not telling
- Developing craftsmanship
7 Steps of Digital Storytelling:
- Write the script / storyboarding
- Plan the project / Sequencing
- Organize folders
- Gather, create, and edit media resources
- Record the voiceover
- Create rough cut FIRST and final cut LAST
a. Rough cut: Insert the voiceover, guest voices first along with sequencing images/video and titles.
b. Final cut: Add transitions, special effects, fine-tune the durations, or add music/sound effects. Add credits that identify dedications along with citing the specific resources used to create the digital story.
- Applause! Applause!
Start the Script.
Plan Images. 3-5 seconds
Add Voiceover. 6-10 seconds
Add Video Clips 5-10 Seconds
Plan Music and Sound Effects.
Add Notes ANYTIME.
Comic Life is a great app to use for digital storytelling purposes. Many of the teachers I work with like to use it for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include:
Plot to Character Analysis
Pre or Post Writing Tool
Class Notes written via Evernote found here.