One thing I really appreciated about this portion of the day was that there were beginner, advanced, iPad, and apps options. The differentiation was nice and I learned new features and tools to use in iMovie.
Following the breakouts we worked on our videos and you can find our exemplary stop motion film here. When we watched the other films I was fairly impressed with many of them. It would be really nice if we had access to a document where the other groups films are posted to YouTube.
1. What are the two specific elements essential for good storytelling that the author focused on in The Art of Digital Storytelling? What is good storytelling?
The two elements are living in the story and unfolding lessons learned. Good storytelling is taking readers on a journey that describes or creates an event.
2. After reading Digital Storytelling Across the Curriculum, please list and explain three ideas of how you could use digital storytelling in your grade specific curriculum areas with your students.
I could use digital storytelling in so many ways with my teachers. A few ideas I liked were
- Describing a historic event and how it effects us today.
- Creating Public Service Announcements
- Creating Myths and Legends
- Be a historical character and tell a story from their point of view
- Advertise or sell a product
Class Notes written with Evernote found here.